MS3D SLS oem 3D Printer

Show-off your latest and greatest creations!
Forum rules
Please take a moment to read our site policies.

Re: MS3D SLS oem 3D Printer

Postby mecanicu » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:15 pm

melgipson wrote:We are building 1 build 1 feed sls printer. Max temperature 200C, RF CO2 laser, galvo scanning head. We use BC software and boards and all is running well.

Now we are working on adjustment thermal control of our chamber with PLC.

About Michael and BC crew: THEY ARE BIG and very patient:) Simply they rocks!

It sound's very interesting. Can you post some pictures?
Tell us more about the setup...What is the chamber made of?, What is the laser power?, What galvo do you use, What is the spot size of the laser at focal point?, What is the working area?, Do you preheat the chamber? It yes with what?, Did you sealed the chamber, What inner gas do you use, What is the pressure in the chamber, How do you made the rolling system, What powder do you use...etc.

About BC i still have a lot of problems, regarding STL and CLI import and position so i'm waiting for Michael to release the new 3.6 version, to see if they manage to resolve the problem's.
mecanicu

Wiki Project: Mecanicu
Medisan

Postby Oxy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:54 am

mecanicu wrote:About BC i still have a lot of problems, regarding STL and CLI import and position so i'm waiting for Michael to release the new 3.6 version, to see if they manage to resolve the problem's.

Could you please check your mail? There seems to be something wrong. We sent you an updated version a few days after you reported your problems, so no need to wait for any official update. It seems you did not get this mail.

Same for your post in our mailing list, the response to your mail address has been sent to a complete different person (don't know how this can happen since mail addresses are verified when subscribing to the mailing list).

Michael
Oxy

Postby mecanicu » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:12 pm

Oxy wrote:Could you please check your mail? There seems to be something wrong. We sent you an updated version a few days after you reported your problems, so no need to wait for any official update. It seems you did not get this mail.

Same for your post in our mailing list, the response to your mail address has been sent to a complete different person (don't know how this can happen since mail addresses are verified when subscribing to the mailing list).

Michael

Hi Michael
Maybe a glance in mail system.... I did't receive any mail!
I post a replay on the mailing list!

Medisan
mecanicu

Medisan

Postby Oxy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:16 am

mecanicu wrote:I post a replay on the mailing list!

Did you receive the answer on this? If not there is still a problem with your mail - may be you should have a look into your spam-folder?
Oxy

Postby mecanicu » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:45 am

Oxy wrote:
mecanicu wrote:I post a replay on the mailing list!

Did you receive the answer on this? If not there is still a problem with your mail - may be you should have a look into your spam-folder?

I received the mail but i didn't had time to replay... tomorrow i'l send it!

Tx alot
mecanicu

Medisan

Postby Dejay » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:34 pm

mecanicu wrote:I'm thinking on doing a hybrid plastic and metal sls and in this case 10mm aluminium sheets for construction is not enough. The temperature in the upper chamber will reach 1000 C when dealing with titan or carbide (maybe i will use 20mm sheets for the upper chamber).

Just a few uneducated thoughts about this while I'm browsing your cool project!

I would think aluminium is rather unsuited because it's a very good heat conductor. So not only do you radiate a lot of heat but the thicker the more of a "heat sink" you build. Not only spreading the heat all through the system but also reducing the radiation of heat. I would think ideally you'd want a surface heater with an IR sensor to only heat the powder surface, build the powder bins / chamber out of less heat conductive stuff like stainless steel and insulate it, and then use aluminium to cool the rest of the system by leading excess heat away to the outside. Just my 2 cents - I'm just thinking out loud!

About the whole galvo stuff... so stepper motors are not really suited for this? Because of too low resolution and speed? Even with microsteps?
Are servo's better suited for this and can the usual stepper outputs in the reprap boards drive them? Sorry I'm a total electronics / engineering noob.
I guess what I'm wondering about is if the laser "galvo" or mirror setup can be done with standard reprap electronics. To patch the kinematic in a firmware would be no big thing for me but I have no clue about electronics.
Dejay

Postby mecanicu » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi Dejay,
Thank you for your ideas.
I don't have enough money to use stainless steel. Maybe in version v2.
For now i will test 10mm aluminium.
Regarding galvo system, i think without a professional one the resolution will be poor. Galvos are more accurate than servo or steppers.
I don't know is someone manage to control galvo's with arduino.
The easier way is to use BeamConstruct with their galvo controller and real galvo.
Now With BeamConstruct you can output G-Code as well. So it's a step forward...
mecanicu

Medisan

Postby mecanicu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:02 am

New Items on the way :D
I manage to buy a Dual Purge System and a Humidity Controller from Terra Universal.
I'm planning to use them for chamber atmosphere control. Now i'm looking for a Oxygen Analyzer :ugeek:
I'm planing to do a close loop atmosphere system that can monitor: pressure, humidity, oxygen level's and temperature by Gas Purging.
Attachments
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg (221.74 KiB) Viewed 360 times
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (225.53 KiB) Viewed 360 times
mecanicu

Medisan

Postby Jeremy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:43 am

Looks good! How much did that cost you?
Jeremy

Postby mecanicu » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:21 pm

Jeremy wrote:Looks good! How much did that cost you?

Dual Purge Unit cost 30$ and 80$ Shipment :roll:
Humidity Control Unit 20$ and 50$ Shipment :cry:
mecanicu

Medisan

PreviousNext

Return to Share Your Projects