MS3D SLS oem 3D Printer

Show-off your latest and greatest creations!
Forum rules
Please take a moment to read our site policies.

Re: MS3D SLS oem 3D Printer

Postby Fadedbeam » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:57 am

I am very interested to hear more about Beamconstruct and E1701 as you start to use them. At the pricing above it does seem very attractive.
At the moment I am using my own software and a Papilio FPGA driver with either XY2-100 or 16bit DAC output wings. This means I have had to do most of the drivers for the scanners and RF Co2 laser in either VHDL or the 32 bit ZPU processor. The Beaglebone with its PRU looks a good alternative, but I don't think I could do a ground up implementation on Beaglebone.
My question and concern about Beamconstruct and the E1701 is that it is not open source, so I am limited to the programmable parameters for key parts like scanner and laser control. I really don't understand how likely I am to come to a point where this is an issue.

Maybe we should restart the marking software discussion on the software thread
Fadedbeam

Postby VDX » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:02 pm

... last year I've programmed a flow-plugin for BeamContruct for my cheapish (around 250€, got them for 100€) chinese galvo-scanners with drivers.

But you'll need the license, what's 500€ per year, so not rally suited for DIY :?

With the E1701 this should be different, as they are already supported by BC.

Will post results and infos here too, when proceeding ...

Viktor
VDX
Site Admin

Postby melgipson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:52 am

VDX could you tell something more about your cheep galvo? Can you pass the supplier detail or it's confidential?:) I'm using VonJan galvo but it cost around 1000E so pretty expensive...
melgipson

Postby VDX » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:31 pm

... it's a chinese 20k galvo set as you can find them here:
http://de.aliexpress.com/item/20kpps-go ... 76925.html

For the programming I had to convert the USB-DAC drivers from Delphi to C++, insert and adapt all the essential calls and methodes of the sample flow-plugin template (in the BeamConstruct SDK), and write an HPGL-parser, to import vector graphics into BeamConstruct and output them through the plugin ...

Viktor
VDX
Site Admin

Postby melgipson » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Thanks! I got another problem:

I'm building "oven" for sls - max temp 200C. We are using CO2 laser and we have problem how to insulate galvo from temperature. I've found ZnSe window for 1200$ (sic!) for diameter 72,2. Any idea how to overcome this?
melgipson

Postby VDX » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:30 pm

... you can install some tubes and nozzles for 'shielding' with a stream of cold air ...

Viktor
VDX
Site Admin

Postby melgipson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:35 am

OK but the whole process is very fragile for temperature deviations. Such "cold gun" won't affect process? I can't imagine how it should looks like? You suggest to live hole id the "roof" or hole in the "roof" cover with some invisible material plus "cold gun"

Thanks in advance!

PS: I found some cheap stuff: Ge window for 500$ diameter 80 - so it's 50% less:)
melgipson

Postby mecanicu » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:53 pm

Melgipson
I have found some decent price ZnSe Windows at http://www.laserresearch.net/shopping/s ... asp?id=252
You can see prices, you just have to register.
For example a ZnSe Window AR/AR coating 60.00mmDIA 4.00mmTHK is 475$

Tell us more about your setup. I'm curios!!!
I'm in a process of constructing my own sls printer but for now is post pound because i'm working on two huge cnc router's, one for me :D (i just sold mine) and one for a customer. I hope at the end of February i finish them and make time for the printer.
Last edited by mecanicu on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mecanicu

Wiki Project: Mecanicu
Medisan

Postby mecanicu » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Fadedbeam wrote:I am very interested to hear more about Beamconstruct and E1701 as you start to use them. At the pricing above it does seem very attractive.
At the moment I am using my own software and a Papilio FPGA driver with either XY2-100 or 16bit DAC output wings. This means I have had to do most of the drivers for the scanners and RF Co2 laser in either VHDL or the 32 bit ZPU processor. The Beaglebone with its PRU looks a good alternative, but I don't think I could do a ground up implementation on Beaglebone.
My question and concern about Beamconstruct and the E1701 is that it is not open source, so I am limited to the programmable parameters for key parts like scanner and laser control. I really don't understand how likely I am to come to a point where this is an issue.

Maybe we should restart the marking software discussion on the software thread

I manage to start the E1701 board, but i didn't had time to plug it to my laser system.I'l post as soon as i do some test's. I had some discussion's with Michael and Jim from BeamConstruct about software issues regarding STL file importing and slicing....model position..etc. and i'm very satisfy their support. They resolved all my demand's very prompt and professional. I'm very glad i bought from them.
I thing BeamConstruct will become a very powerful software very soon.
mecanicu

Wiki Project: Mecanicu
Medisan

Postby melgipson » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:38 pm

We are building 1 build 1 feed sls printer. Max temperature 200C, RF CO2 laser, galvo scanning head. We use BC software and boards and all is running well.

Now we are working on adjustment thermal control of our chamber with PLC.

About Michael and BC crew: THEY ARE BIG and very patient:) Simply they rocks!
melgipson

PreviousNext

Return to Share Your Projects